Rims Tube Kit 1 ½' with
Clamps and Seals
NPS Adapter and Element sold
RIMS Tube is designed to maintain a
constant mash temperature. It can also be used for step mashing and also
Element end fitting is
threaded with 1? NPS threads to match almost every water heater element
available at any home improvement center.
Water heater element and NPS
adapter and temperature controller and Pump are required but not
You can refer to NPS Pipe
Adapter fittings for correct Adapter to match your
- It is imperative that the heater element be wired by a qualified
electrician, enclosed in a water-tight enclosure and protected with a FOCI
circuit breaker! Improper wiring and/or control of a heater element in this
environment CAN AND WILL KILL YOU. If you are not 100% sure you know what you
are doing, get help. If you have any doubt do not use this device.
- This device is inherently dangerous. Improperly used, dangerous pressure
can quickly build in the tube resulting in an explosion of boiling liquid
CAUSING EXTREME INJURY, BURNS OR EVEN DEATH!
- You must use a temperature controller to monitor the effluent temperature
and control the heater element. A device that can adjust the intensity of the
output such as with PID technology and an SSR are recommended. The BCS-460 or
BrewTroller are two of the better qualified devices on the market. Always set
the temperature below 175* to prevent the element from boiling the wort in the
- You must also use a pump to move the wort across the element. A control
relay must be installed that prevents the element?s control relay from closing
unless the pump is operating. There are quite a few ways to accomplish this,
but your system should be wired so that the element cannot energize if the
wort is not moving across it. This wiring in conjunction with the temperature
monitor are the only safety features preventing the element from boiling wort
in the tube resulting in a dangerous build up of pressure and possible
- Each time you assemble the RIMS tube, be sure that the element is not
contacting the body or thermowell of the RIMS tube. Carefully bend the element
as needed to ensure the element is not contacting the tube body. Never use an
element that cannot be installed without clearing the tube body.
- Never rotate the inlet and outlet while the RIMS tube is in operation.
- If you have any doubts in your ability to install and operate this RIMS
tube do not use it.....
Glacier Tanks will accept returns of website standard stocking items, but only if:
- The item is new, unused, and in resellable condition:
- You notify Glacier Tanks and request a return authorization within 14 days of your receipt of the item; and
- You return the item to Glacier Tanks, postage/shipping prepaid within 5 days of Glacier Tanks' return authorization (RMA).
After your items have been received by Glacier Tanks and verified to be unused, we will refund your purchase price, less shipping costs. Returns will incur a 15% restocking fee. Shipping costs are your responsibility and shall not be paid by Glacier Tanks.