Molecular Sieve Assembly
Stainless Steel Filter Driers to Trap Moisture
Molecular Sieve Filter Driers
A filter drier captures moisture and contaminants during the recovery process of the extraction solvent as it passes through the molecular sieve on its way to the condenser coil or recovery tank. This filtering process combines the micro-porous 2500 mesh (5 microns) gasket which excludes dust particle contaminants. The remaining vapor passes through the gasket into the stainless steel canister which is commonly filled with a dessicant to remove moisture. A drier filter canister typically consists of:
- 2 x Tri-Clamp Bowl Reducers w/ FNPT ports
- 2 x Tri-Clamp 2500 Mesh Screens (Viton or FKM)
- 2 x High-Pressure Clamps
- 1 x 12 - 24+ inch Tri Clamp Spool
How Do Molecular Sieve Driers Work?
A molecular sieve relies upon a method called physical adsorption (as opposed to absorption-chemical integration). Adsorption is when one substance is held inside another by a physical bond. In a porous dessicant such as silica gel, activated clay, or charcoal, water is removed through the attraction of thin layers of water molecules to the surface of the dessicant. Dessicants by their nature are very porous and thus have a lot of surface area to attract a large volume of water molecules.
We also carry an extensive line of JIC / NPT fittings, as well as -30 Hg up to 300 PSI Pressure Gauges. If you are unable to find what you need from our more popular choices below, we do carry an extensive line of Bowl Reducers, Sanitary Clamps, Screen Gaskets, and Tri-Clamp Spools to meet your needs.
- These product(s) are intended only for use in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances, and Glacier Tanksā€™ specifications. Depending on the type of oil you are extracting, these product(s) may not be legal to operate in some areas.
- Glacier Tanks strongly discourages any unlawful use of these product(s) and is not responsible for any damage or injury caused by their misuse or unlawful use.
- These product(s) are designed and intended for operation in well-ventilated outdoor areas.
- Any person or entity that uses these product(s) or information provided by Glacier Tanks does so subject to Glacier Tanksā€™ Terms and Conditions, and accepts all liability concerning the use of the product(s) or information listed above.
- DANGER! Never extract with butane or propane indoors. Doing so may cause serious injury or death.
Items 1-25 of 34
Glacier Tanks will accept returns of website standard stocking items, but only if:
- The item is new, unused, and in resalable condition;
- You notify Glacier Tanks and request a return authorization within 30 days of your receipt of the item;
- You return the item to Glacier Tanks, postage/shipping prepaid within 5 days of Glacier Tanks' return authorization (RMA);
Once your items have been received by Glacier Tanks and verified to be unused, we will refund your purchase price, less shipping costs. Returns will incur a 15% restocking fee. Return shipping costs are your responsibility and shall not be paid by Glacier Tanks.
The following items are non-returnable:
- Special or Discounted items - labeled by button color:
- Special Order
- Drop Ship
- Custom order
- All Gaskets & Seals
Please be sure you understand and agree to any drawings supplied to you prior to purchase of custom or special order items. Payment of deposits for custom or special order items indicates your approval and acceptance of such custom or special order items.