Dip & Splash Tubes for Collection Tanks
Pressured Extraction System
Tri Clamp x JIC Dip Tubes
Dip tubes draw the solvent from the bottom in a pressurized extraction system, and are available in either a 1.5 or 2 inch Tri Clamp ferrule with a customizable length. The male JIC nipple will fit any standard 37° JIC hose, and depending on your lid, multiple dip tubes may be used to feed multiple material columns.
Tri Clamp Splash Tubes
Splash Tubes directs the flow of solvent mixture to the bottom of our collection tank, and is a critical component of a closed loop extraction system. The pressurized movement of the solvent mixture would undoubtedly cause a spray action into the collection vessel, the consequence being that our recovery system may ingest some of our 'liquid gold'. The splash tube aims the solvent directly towards the warming surface, creating a smooth reversion to gas that can percolate upwards to the recovery port. Splash tube lengths are standardized for a 1.5 or 2 inch Tri Clamp and can be cut to size from a starting length of 8 or 15 inches.
What is Solvent Extraction?
Solvent extraction is the process of diffusing a solvent into oil-bearing cells resulting in a mixed solution of oil and solvent. It is one of the most popular methods of separating oils and fats from oil-bearing materials as opposed to other mechanical processes (such as expellers, hydraulic press, etc...) primarily due to the high percentage of oil recovered which can range upwards of 99%+ as opposed to the 85%+ of other methods. The common solvents of choice range from butane, hexane, and pentane among a handful of others, each of which is favored because of several factors: commercial economics, a low boiling point, and in the case of consumption grade product, a non-toxic impact. Distillation of the resulting oil mixture allows recovery of the alkane hydrocarbons (your "hex/but/propane") to be reused at minimal costs.
- These product(s) are intended only for use in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances, and Glacier Tanksā€™ specifications. Depending on the type of oil you are extracting, these product(s) may not be legal to operate in some areas.
- Glacier Tanks strongly discourages any unlawful use of these product(s) and is not responsible for any damage or injury caused by their misuse or unlawful use.
- These product(s) are designed and intended for operation in well-ventilated outdoor areas.
- Any person or entity that uses these product(s) or information provided by Glacier Tanks does so subject to Glacier Tanksā€™ Terms and Conditions, and accepts all liability concerning the use of the product(s) or information listed above.
- DANGER! Never extract with butane or propane indoors. Doing so may cause serious injury or death.
Glacier Tanks will accept returns of website standard stocking items, but only if:
- The item is new, unused, and in resalable condition;
- You notify Glacier Tanks and request a return authorization within 30 days of your receipt of the item;
- You return the item to Glacier Tanks, postage/shipping prepaid within 5 days of Glacier Tanks' return authorization (RMA);
Once your items have been received by Glacier Tanks and verified to be unused, we will refund your purchase price, less shipping costs. Returns will incur a 15% restocking fee. Return shipping costs are your responsibility and shall not be paid by Glacier Tanks.
The following items are non-returnable:
- Special or Discounted items - labeled by button color:
- Special Order
- Drop Ship
- Custom order
- All Gaskets & Seals
Please be sure you understand and agree to any drawings supplied to you prior to purchase of custom or special order items. Payment of deposits for custom or special order items indicates your approval and acceptance of such custom or special order items.