Tuf-Steel Gasket | Tri Clamp 2 in. - FDA
|Connection Type(s)||Tri Clamp|
|Connection Size(s)||2 in.|
|Item Length||2.516 in.|
|Item Width||2.516 in.|
|Item Height||0.2 in.|
|Material||PTFE, Steel Blend|
|Resources||Chemical Resistance Chart,Rubber Fab Gasket Shelf Life|
|Quantity in stock||151|
Tuf-Steel® is composed of a unique 50/50 blend of nonpigmented PTFE and 316L passivated and atomized stainless Steel° Testing and seven years of documented application usage has demonstrated that Tuf-Steel® is the choice for perfect surface performance, outstanding durability and extended service life in both SIP (steam in place) and WFI (water for injection) applications. Tuf-Steel® is ideal for sanitary steam pipe connections in extreme temperatures ranging from -320°F to 550°F. The superior strength of Tuf-Steel® eliminates creep and cold flow providing a leak-free seal and preventing maintenance problems and system downtime. Tuf-Steel gaskets are USP 87, 88 Class IV, and 3A certified.
- 500 CIP/SIP Cycles guaranteed
- -325°F to 550°F
- Superior creep resistance
- Excellent expansion/contraction stability with minimal thermal expansion
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Stops leaks when correctly torqued to clamp specifications
- No gasket extrusion into the sanitary tube I.D.
- No obstruction of flow
- Maintains sealing stability in T processes
- Non-stick surface
- Non pigmented
- Passivated to eliminate rouging
Rubber Fab's 1"-4" Type I gaskets are:
- FDA CFR 177.2600
- FDA CFR 177.1550
- U.S. Pharmacopeia Class VI Certification
- ADI Free (Animal Derived Ingredient Free) certified
- Manufactured according to cGMP Guidelines
What type of material should I use?
While we are prohibited from recommending a gasket type, we do offer a Chemical Resistance Chart (new window) that matches the resistance level of gasket materials to the different chemicals / food products you may be using. We may suggest using an A- or B-rated gasket for your particular application.
California Proposition 65 Information:
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Tetrafluoroethylene which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
Glacier Tanks will accept returns of website standard stocking items, but only if:
- The item is new, unused, and in resalable condition;
- You notify Glacier Tanks and request a return authorization within 30 days of your receipt of the item;
- You return the item to Glacier Tanks, postage/shipping prepaid within 5 days of Glacier Tanks' return authorization (RMA);
Once your items have been received by Glacier Tanks and verified to be unused, we will refund your purchase price, less shipping costs. Returns will incur a 15% restocking fee. Return shipping costs are your responsibility and shall not be paid by Glacier Tanks.
The following items are non-returnable:
- Special or Discounted items - labeled by button color:
- Special Order
- Drop Ship
- Custom order
- All Gaskets & Seals
Please be sure you understand and agree to any drawings supplied to you prior to purchase of custom or special order items. Payment of deposits for custom or special order items indicates your approval and acceptance of such custom or special order items.